More teams are moving toward a truly cross-functional product team model where the teams that develops the product (i.e. product manager, designers, software engineers) are the ones responsible for doing their own discovery. They do their own user research, conduct their own experiments, and synthesize what they are learning week-over-week to support their daily product decisions.
In this Master Class, you’ll learn how to develop the habits necessary to create a continuous feedback loop between your product development ideas and your customers. You’ll learn how to start with a research question on Monday and end with some answers on Friday, in a way that is sustainable every week of the year.
This Master Class will mix real-world case studies with hands-on exercises to ensure that you go home with actionable takeaways. Come learn what the future of product discovery looks like.
- Getting to Evidence-Based, Team Decisions
- Starting with Outcomes
- Discovering Opportunities
- Adopting Continuous Interviewing
- Automating the Recruiting Process
- Asking the Right Questions
- Listening for Insights & Opportunities
- Synthesizing Across Interviews
- Mapping Your Customers’ Experiences
- Mapping Out the Opportunity Space
- Prioritizing Opportunities
- Adopting Continuous Interviewing
- Discovering Solutions
- Effective Ideation
- Story Mapping Your Solutions
- Surfacing Key Assumptions
- Testing Assumptions
Here's what students have said about the curriculum:
"I feel like I got let in on a secret that great product managers all practice. Teresa broke things down and uses mapping in incredibly insightful ways!"
- Cameron Westland - Chief Technology Officer - Delphia
"I was able to take what I learned and immediately put it into practice at my job and am already seeing benefits from it. The hands on experience of doing the process from start to finish is well worth it."
- Evan Bowers - Senior Product Designer @ Zapier
This Master Class will be a series of six weekly, two-hour live sessions conducted via Zoom meeting software and will cover the entire Continuous Discovery Habits curriculum. Participants will work in groups via Zoom breakout rooms applying the tools and frameworks to a real-world case study. I’ve been coaching and teaching virtually for the past six years and plan to make this immersive, interactive, and fun.
Here's what previous students said about the online format:
"Doing it online and spaced out was great, because I got to fully focus on the material in intense bursts and then spend a week trying to use it before coming back for the next bit. Made a large amount of content more digestible."
- Andrew Skotzko, Director of Product
"Excellent use of Zoom breakout rooms, and the weekly updated Miro board template was a very effective shared work tool. Couldn't have been better in terms of online learning."
- Zach Powers, Product Manager, Quantum Spatial, Inc.
Participants will also have a dedicated Slack channel in the Continuous Discovery Habits Slack community to stay connected with the instructors and their peers. Many choose to use this community to get help applying what they are learning to their own work.
Teresa Torres is an internationally acclaimed author, speaker, and coach. She teaches a structured and sustainable approach to continuous discovery that helps product teams infuse their daily product decisions with customer input. She’s coached hundreds of teams at companies of all sizes, from early-stage start-ups to global enterprises, in a variety of industries. She has taught over 7,000 product people discovery skills through the Product Talk Academy. She’s the author of the book Continuous Discovery Habits and blogs at ProductTalk.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
One more thing ...
You'll also get a 3-month subscription to our Continuous Discovery Habits Membership Program. This membership program is designed to help you connect with and learn from likeminded peers as you work to develop and hone your continuous discovery habits.
- Twice-a-month membership calls where we'll tackle your most pressing discovery questions. These calls are hosted by Teresa Torres and are informal conversations about whatever is top of mind for participants.
- Focused challenges that will help you put the continuous discovery habits into practice
- A virtual book club where we read and discuss books that help us become better continuous discovery practitioners.
- Access to our Worthy Reads library (over 300 of the best product resources from around the web) and a dedicated Slack channel to discuss daily finds.
- And much more.