Early bird pricing ends August 6, 2021
Enrollment closes on August 20, 2021
The 4-week course is designed to help you build a continuous habit of interviewing and get some deliberate practice with the skill of interviewing so that you get more from each interview.
You’ll learn how to ask the right interview questions so that you get actionable insights from your prospects and customers.
You’ll learn how to improve your active listening skills and take better notes during the interviews.
You’ll learn how to synthesize what you are learning interview by interview into interview snapshots making it easy for you to act on what you are learning.
And finally, you’ll learn how to automate the recruiting process, removing the biggest hurdle to continuous interviewing.
And, most importantly, you’ll get a minimum of four hours of deliberate practice (more if you want it) to hone your skill.
The reading and video watching (30 minutes max per week) can happen whenever you have time. The practice sessions will be with 3-5 of your classmates and can be scheduled whenever works best for your group. I’ll do my best to group students by time zone proximity.
This is one of the easiest ways to improve your interviewing skills and start building the keystone habit that will help you accelerate your discovery skills.
- Week 1: Ask the Right Interview Questions: Collect Insights & Opportunities
- Week 2: Improve Your Active Listening: Take Better Notes
- Week 3: Continuous Synthesis: Turn Your Insights Into Action
- Week 4: Automate Your Recruiting Process: Make Continuous Interviewing Sustainable
Teresa is a product discovery coach who helps teams gain valuable insights from their customer interviews, run effective product experiments, and drive product outcomes that create value for their customers and their businesses. She teaches teams how to connect the dots between their research activities and their product decisions, inspiring confidence that they are on the right track. Recent clients include Allstate, Capital One, The Guardian, and Snagajob.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Students Are Saying ...
- “Was good, actionable content. I was able to utilize these methods immediately in my real life.” Rob Adams, Product Manager, Greenlight Guru
- “Extremely satisfied with the quality and time length of the course. Optional reading was great idea. It fits in neatly with work and is achievable.” – Simon le Maistre, Head of Product, Reallyenglish
- “It has been really useful for me to have the guinea pig group to practice with and learn from. I feel much more confident to try this with real customers than if I'd just read some blog posts. As you said in the initial pitch—deliberate practice is how you learn!” – Tam Finlay, Head of Product at Farewill
What to expect from this course:
- Each Friday, you’ll receive a weekly email summarizing the instructional content and activities for that week.
- Each week, there will be 20-30 minutes of instructional material (a mix of articles and videos) that you’ll go through on your own.
- You’ll also work through an individual activity that will help you put what you are learning into practice. These activities are designed to take 10-30 minutes and will need to be completed before your practice session.
- During your practice sessions, you and your group mates will work together to put what you learned into practice. These sessions are student-run, however, you’ll have instructions that guide you through the activities.
- Practice sessions are a great way to connect with other students in the course. We often hear that for many students this is their favorite part of the course. We also know from a learning standpoint, we learn more when we see how others tackle the same problem and have thought partner to discuss ideas with. Practice sessions are a critical component of all Product Talk Academy courses.
- If you have questions throughout the course or want feedback on either your individual or group activity, you can post in the course Slack channel. Your instructors are available to answer questions and give you feedback throughout the four weeks.
- After the course ends, you’ll continue to have access to all of the course content (including any updates or revisions we make to the course content) for the life of the course
- Still have questions? Send us an email.
One more thing ...
You'll also get a 3-month subscription to our Continuous Discovery Habits Membership Program. This membership program is designed to help you connect with and learn from likeminded peers as you work to develop and hone your continuous discovery habits.
- Biweekly membership calls where we'll tackle your most pressing discovery questions. These calls are hosted by Teresa Torres and are informal conversations about whatever is top of mind for participants.
- Monthly Fireside Chats and Ask-Me-Anythings with real product trios who are putting the Continuous Discovery Habits into practice. These sessions will be recorded and made available to all current members.
- A virtual book club where we read and discuss books that help us become better continuous discovery practitioners.
- Access to our Worthy Reads library (over 300 of the best product resources from around the web) and a dedicated Slack channel to discuss daily finds.
- An exclusive Continuous Discovery Habits job-listings channel where you can recruit like-minded peers and / or find your next gig.
- Focused challenges that will help you put the continuous discovery habits into practice (e.g. the 12-day challenge to automating your interview recruiting process).