Enrollment closes on January 15, 2021
The 4-week course is designed to help you build a continuous habit of interviewing and get some deliberate practice with the skill of interviewing so that you get more from each interview.
You’ll learn how to ask the right interview questions so that you get actionable insights from your prospects and customers.
You’ll learn how to improve your active listening skills and take better notes during the interviews.
You’ll learn how to synthesize what you are learning interview by interview into interview snapshots making it easy for you to act on what you are learning.
And finally, you’ll learn how to automate the recruiting process, removing the biggest hurdle to continuous interviewing.
And, most importantly, you’ll get a minimum of four hours of deliberate practice (more if you want it) to hone your skill.
The reading and video watching (30 minutes max per week) can happen whenever you have time. The practice sessions will be with 3-5 of your classmates and can be scheduled whenever works best for your group. I’ll do my best to group students by time zone proximity.
This is one of the easiest ways to improve your interviewing skills and start building the keystone habit that will help you accelerate your discovery skills.
- Week 1: Ask the Right Interview Questions: Collect Insights & Opportunities
- Week 2: Improve Your Active Listening: Take Better Notes
- Week 3: Continuous Synthesis: Turn Your Insights Into Action
- Week 4: Automate Your Recruiting Process: Make Continuous Interviewing Sustainable
Teresa is a product discovery coach who helps teams gain valuable insights from their customer interviews, run effective product experiments, and drive product outcomes that create value for their customers and their businesses. She teaches teams how to connect the dots between their research activities and their product decisions, inspiring confidence that they are on the right track. Recent clients include Allstate, Capital One, The Guardian, and Snagajob.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Students Are Saying ...
- “Was good, actionable content. I was able to utilize these methods immediately in my real life.” Rob Adams, Product Manager, Greenlight Guru
- “Extremely satisfied with the quality and time length of the course. Optional reading was great idea. It fits in neatly with work and is achievable.” – Simon le Maistre, Head of Product, Reallyenglish
- “It has been really useful for me to have the guinea pig group to practice with and learn from. I feel much more confident to try this with real customers than if I'd just read some blog posts. As you said in the initial pitch—deliberate practice is how you learn!” – Tam Finlay, Head of Product at Farewill
What to expect from this course:
- The course starts and ends on a Friday.
- Each Friday, you’ll receive a weekly email summarizing the instructional content and activities for that week. We’ll also remind you in the course Slack channel when the new content is available.
- Each week, there will be 20-30 minutes of instructional material (a mix of articles and videos) that you’ll go through on your own.
- Each week, you’ll also get an individual activity that will help you put what you are learning into practice. These activities are designed to take 10-30 minutes and will need to be completed before your practice session.
- Practice sessions are scheduled on Thursdays. You'll choose a time that works for you when you purchase the course.
- During your practice sessions, you and your group mates will work together to put what you learned into practice. These sessions are student-run, however, you’ll have instructions that guide you through the activities.
- Practice sessions are a great way to connect with other students in the course. We often hear that for many students this is their favorite part of the course. We also know from a learning standpoint, we learn more when we see how others tackle the same problem and have thought partner to discuss ideas with. Practice sessions are a critical component of all Product Talk Academy courses.
- If you have questions throughout the course or want feedback on either your individual or group activity, you can post in the course Slack channel. Your instructors are available to answer questions and give you feedback throughout the four weeks.
- After the course ends, you’ll continue to have access to all of the course content for the life of the course. If we decide to discontinue a course, we’ll notify students and provide content download packs so that you can continue to reference the course content for as long as you would like.
- In addition to your course sessions, you'll also receive an invitation to two Continuous Discovery Habits monthly Q&A calls where you can connect with your instructors and other members of the community. This is a great place to get live answers to your questions and to continue learning from your peers. Keep an eye out for invitations to these sessions in your course Slack channel.
- Still have questions? Send us an email.