Enrollment closes on January 29, 2021.
This 4-week course is designed to help you map out and understand the opportunity space—the unmet customer needs, pain points, and desires that fuel successful products.
You'll learn how to synthesize what you are learning across customer interviews—finding patterns amongst unique stories.
You’ll learn how to identify unmet customer needs, pain points and desires helping you decipher where your product can have the biggest impact.
You'll learn how to structure the opportunity space—helping you turn large, intractable challenges into a series of smaller, more solvable challenges.
You’ll learn how to assess and prioritize opportunities quickly ensuring that you are always working on the highest impact needs.
And, most importantly, you’ll get a minimum of four hours of deliberate practice (more if you want it) to hone your skill.
We know product people have busy schedules. The instructional material is designed to be completed in as little as 30 minutes per week and you can engage with it whenever you have time throughout the week. Weekly practice sessions where you’ll work with a group of your peers to put the instructional content into practice occur for one hour each week. You’ll select a time that works best for your time zone.
- Week 1: Uncovering the Hidden Structure in Your Customers' Stories
- Week 2: Identifying Unmet Opportunities—Customer Needs, Pain Points, & Desires
- Week 3: Structuring the Opportunity Space: Turning Big Challenges into a Series of Smaller Challenges
- Week 4: Strategic Product Decisions: Assessing & Prioritizing Opportunities
Teresa is a product discovery coach who helps teams gain valuable insights from their customer interviews, run effective product experiments, and drive product outcomes that create value for their customers and their businesses. She teaches teams how to connect the dots between their research activities and their product decisions, inspiring confidence that they are on the right track. Recent clients include Allstate, Capital One, The Guardian, and Snagajob.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to expect from this course:
- The course starts and ends on a Friday.
- Each Friday, you’ll receive a weekly email summarizing the instructional content and activities for that week. We’ll also remind you in the course Slack channel when the new content is available.
- Each week, there will be 20-30 minutes of instructional material (a mix of articles and videos) that you’ll go through on your own.
- Each week, you’ll also get an individual activity that will help you put what you are learning into practice. These activities are designed to take 10-30 minutes and will need to be completed before your practice session.
- Practice sessions are scheduled on Thursdays. You'll choose a time that works for you when you purchase the course.
- During your practice sessions, you and your group mates will work together to put what you learned into practice. These sessions are student-run, however, you’ll have instructions that guide you through the activities.
- Practice sessions are a great way to connect with other students in the course. We often hear that for many students this is their favorite part of the course. We also know from a learning standpoint, we learn more when we see how others tackle the same problem and have thought partner to discuss ideas with. Practice sessions are a critical component of all Product Talk Academy courses.
- If you have questions throughout the course or want feedback on either your individual or group activity, you can post in the course Slack channel. Your instructors are available to answer questions and give you feedback throughout the four weeks.
- After the course ends, you’ll continue to have access to all of the course content for the life of the course. If we decide to discontinue a course, we’ll notify students and provide content download packs so that you can continue to reference the course content for as long as you would like.
- In addition to your course sessions, you'll also receive an invitation to two Continuous Discovery Habits monthly Q&A calls where you can connect with your instructors and other members of the community. This is a great place to get live answers to your questions and to continue learning from your peers. Keep an eye out for invitations to these sessions in your course Slack channel.
- Still have questions? Send us an email.