Early bird pricing ends August 20, 2021
Enrollment closes on September 3, 2021
This 4-week course is designed to help you map out and understand the opportunity space—the unmet customer needs, pain points, and desires that fuel successful products.
You'll learn how to synthesize what you are learning across customer interviews—finding patterns amongst unique stories.
You’ll learn how to identify unmet customer needs, pain points and desires helping you decipher where your product can have the biggest impact.
You'll learn how to structure the opportunity space—helping you turn large, intractable challenges into a series of smaller, more solvable challenges.
You’ll learn how to assess and prioritize opportunities quickly ensuring that you are always working on the highest impact needs.
And, most importantly, you’ll get a minimum of four hours of deliberate practice (more if you want it) to hone your skill.
We know product people have busy schedules. The instructional material is designed to be completed in as little as 30 minutes per week and you can engage with it whenever you have time throughout the week. Weekly practice sessions where you’ll work with a group of your peers to put the instructional content into practice occur for one hour each week. You’ll select a time that works best for your time zone.
- Week 1: Uncovering the Hidden Structure in Your Customers' Stories
- Week 2: Identifying Unmet Opportunities—Customer Needs, Pain Points, & Desires
- Week 3: Structuring the Opportunity Space: Turning Big Challenges into a Series of Smaller Challenges
- Week 4: Strategic Product Decisions: Assessing & Prioritizing Opportunities
Teresa is a product discovery coach who helps teams gain valuable insights from their customer interviews, run effective product experiments, and drive product outcomes that create value for their customers and their businesses. She teaches teams how to connect the dots between their research activities and their product decisions, inspiring confidence that they are on the right track. Recent clients include Allstate, Capital One, The Guardian, and Snagajob.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to expect from this course:
- Each Friday, you’ll receive a weekly email summarizing the instructional content and activities for that week.
- Each week, there will be 20-30 minutes of instructional material (a mix of articles and videos) that you’ll go through on your own.
- You’ll also work through an individual activity that will help you put what you are learning into practice. These activities are designed to take 10-30 minutes and will need to be completed before your practice session.
- During your practice sessions, you and your group mates will work together to put what you learned into practice. These sessions are student-run, however, you’ll have instructions that guide you through the activities.
- Practice sessions are a great way to connect with other students in the course. We often hear that for many students this is their favorite part of the course. We also know from a learning standpoint, we learn more when we see how others tackle the same problem and have thought partner to discuss ideas with. Practice sessions are a critical component of all Product Talk Academy courses.
- If you have questions throughout the course or want feedback on either your individual or group activity, you can post in the course Slack channel. Your instructors are available to answer questions and give you feedback throughout the four weeks.
- After the course ends, you’ll continue to have access to all of the course content (including any updates or revisions we make to the course content) for the life of the course
- Still have questions? Send us an email.
One more thing ...
You'll also get a 3-month subscription to our Continuous Discovery Habits Membership Program. This membership program is designed to help you connect with and learn from likeminded peers as you work to develop and hone your continuous discovery habits.
- Biweekly membership calls where we'll tackle your most pressing discovery questions. These calls are hosted by Teresa Torres and are informal conversations about whatever is top of mind for participants.
- Monthly Fireside Chats and Ask-Me-Anythings with real product trios who are putting the Continuous Discovery Habits into practice. These sessions will be recorded and made available to all current members.
- A virtual book club where we read and discuss books that help us become better continuous discovery practitioners.
- Access to our Worthy Reads library (over 300 of the best product resources from around the web) and a dedicated Slack channel to discuss daily finds.
- An exclusive Continuous Discovery Habits job-listings channel where you can recruit like-minded peers and / or find your next gig.
- Focused challenges that will help you put the continuous discovery habits into practice (e.g. the 12-day challenge to automating your interview recruiting process).