Enrollment closes September 21, 2018
"Doing is the best kind of thinking." - Tom Chi
It's also the best way to learn. This course is designed to get you learning by doing starting in week one and continuing through all four weeks.
You'll work on a design challenge that will teach you how to:
- Sketch several ideas quickly and effectively (don't worry if you aren't Michelangelo; you'll learn some simple drawing tricks).
- Build simple prototypes to get fast answers to specific questions.
- Test your most promising ideas in a way that generates reliable and actionable feedback.
- Iterate and refine your ideas so that you can quickly get to the best option.
Even if you've been creating prototypes and running usability tests for years, this course has something for you. You'll learn how to use prototypes to improve your thinking, to answer specific questions, to communicate, and to help you make better decisions.
Each week, you'll get:
- 15–30 minutes of instructional material (e.g. a mix of articles and videos)
- A prototyping activity that is designed to reinforce the learning and will be time-boxed to 30–45 minutes.
- A one-hour practice session with 3–5 other students that will allow you to experience a design studio, get feedback on your prototyping strategies, and learn from each other’s experiences.
- Additional resources for those of you who want to learn more about each topic.
This course is designed to fit within your busy schedule. You can expect to spend 2 hours total each week on the course (but you may want to invest a little more time exploring the additional resources as your schedule allows). In weeks 2 and 3, you may also want to invest a third hour when we get into building prototypes, but this is optional.
Teresa is a product discovery coach who helps teams gain valuable insights from their customer interviews, run effective product experiments, and drive product outcomes that create value for their customers and their businesses. She teaches teams how to connect the dots between their research activities and their product decisions, inspiring confidence that they are on the right track. Recent clients include Allstate, Capital One, The Guardian, and Snagajob.
Here's what students have said about Product Talk courses:
- “It was good, actionable content. I was able to utilize these methods immediately in my real life.”
- “I think all my work colleagues could use this.”
- “I feel much more confident to try this with real customers than if I'd just read some blog posts… deliberate practice is how you learn!”
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts October 5, 2018 and runs through November 2, 2018.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
This course is not open for enrollment.