Virtual Workshop: Continuous Discovery Habits (May 2020)
Develop the habits and critical thinking skills of a high-performing continuous discovery product team.
May 6 - June 10, 2020
More teams are moving toward a truly cross-functional product team model where the teams that develops the product (i.e. product manager, designers, software engineers) are the ones responsible for doing their own discovery. They do their own user research, conduct their own experiments, and synthesize what they are learning week-over-week to support their daily product decisions.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to develop the habits necessary to create a continuous feedback loop between your product development ideas and your customers. You’ll learn how to start with a research question on Monday and end with some answers on Friday, in a way that is sustainable every week of the year.
This workshop will mix real world case studies with hands-on exercises and discussion about your specific situations, to make sure that you go home with actionable takeaways. Come learn what the future of product discovery looks like.
- Getting to Evidence-Based, Team Decisions
- Starting with Outcomes
- Discovering Opportunities
- Adopting Continuous Interviewing
- Automating the Recruiting Process
- Asking the Right Questions
- Listening for Insights & Opportunities
- Synthesizing Across Interviews
- Mapping Your Customers’ Experiences
- Mapping Out the Opportunity Space
- Prioritizing Opportunities
- Adopting Continuous Interviewing
- Discovering Solutions
- Effective Ideation
- Story Mapping Your Solutions
- Surfacing Key Assumptions
- Testing Assumptions
- Prototyping to Simulate an Experience
The virtual workshop will be a series of six live sessions conducted via Zoom webinar software and will cover the same curriculum as the in-person workshop. Participants will work in groups via Zoom breakout rooms completing all the same activities they would have completed in-person. I’ve been coaching and teaching virtually for the past six years and plan to make this immersive, interactive, and fun.
- Wednesday, May 6, 2020 4:00pm - 5:30pm Pacific / 7:00pm - 8:30pm Eastern
- Wednesday, May 13, 2020 4:00pm - 5:30pm Pacific / 7:00pm - 8:30pm Eastern
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020 4:00pm - 5:30pm Pacific / 7:00pm - 8:30pm Eastern
- Wednesday, May 27, 2020 4:00pm - 5:30pm Pacific / 7:00pm - 8:30pm Eastern
- Wednesday, June 3, 2020 4:00pm - 5:30pm Pacific / 7:00pm - 8:30pm Eastern
- Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:00pm - 5:30pm Pacific / 7:00pm - 8:30pm Eastern
Special Bonus: Get 12 Months of Support After the Workshop
All workshop participants have the option of adding a 12-month subscription to the Continuous Discovery Habits online course to their ticket purchase. This course includes:
- Additional instructional material (articles and videos) that go in-depth on the workshop topics.
- Case studies and real-world examples of how teams are putting these methods into practice.
- Activities designed to help guide your team's discovery work.
- Access to monthly Q&A calls where you can get answers to your specific questions.
12 months of online access is typically sold for $1499. However, as a workshop attendee, you'll have the option to add this subscription to your ticket for only $500. That's a saving of a $999. Don't miss out.
To purchase this 12-month subscription, be sure to select a ticket type that includes the subscription.
Teresa is a product discovery coach who helps teams gain valuable insights from their customer interviews, run effective product experiments, and drive product outcomes that create value for their customers and their businesses. She teaches teams how to connect the dots between their research activities and their product decisions, inspiring confidence that they are on the right track. Recent clients include Allstate, Capital One, The Guardian, and Snagajob.